Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

USA..... and of course Team GB

OLYMPIC FEVER...  I know the Olympics already feel like they were forever ago, but I am just now getting around to posting our 2012 Olympic experience.  Plus the Para Olympics are about to start (29th)!

One of the Olympic venues was in Newcastle and Cullen and I went to two football matches
 

We had great seats.  I also deleted my memory card so I unfortunately do not have any images of the earlier game.  

We saw Japan vs. Morroco
and Spain vs. Honduras





Then Cullen and I made a last minute trip down to London the last weekend of the Olympics.  

I love the Olympics and even though we didn't have tickets I thought it unacceptable to live in the same country and not experience London during the Olympics.  



Thanks to the generosity of some friends, Cullen and I ended up going to Wrestling, Taekwondo and got to hang out at the USA House - where athletes, coaches and random people like us hang out. 


We watched a few events from Hyde Parke where they had a couple screens set up to show live footage - kinda felt like Music Midtown meets the Olympics.  



At the USA House


Silver medalists

 

Cullen and I are not looking our best, but enjoying hanging out with Liz in London.


All in all we were very impressed with the City of London and the many volunteers that made the Olympics a wonderful experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment