Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Borderlands


Thanks to the Queen and her 60th year of reign we had Monday and Tuesday off last week to celebrate her Diamond Jubilee.



Cullen and I went to Scotland with some friends for the long weekend.  We stayed in the beautiful estate, "Towerburn" that one of our American friends' parents own.  They were kind enough to offer it to us for the weekend.  

Towerburn is divided into a few apartments.  We were on the second floor on the left with the little patio.  The grounds were spectacular complete with wild pheasants roaming around.


Melrose Abbey 
One of the richest abbeys in the medieval world.  For all you Braveheart fans, legend has it that Robert the Bruce's heart is buried there.



Cullen and I went on a beautiful walk one afternoon up to Rubers Law. 
The view from the bottom of the hill:
 

These guys weren't so sure about us passing through their field 
 






I didn't have any group photos on my camera -
 I promise we actually went with friends!

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing these photos! So glad you got to go enjoy Towerburn - I hope we get to make it over there again one of these days!

    ReplyDelete